Senior/Lead (C++), Mechanical
Human Rise Agency
About the company
The client has a brand of engineering design software since 2002, activating in CAD software with industry-leading product support. Also it has offices all over the world, partners in more than 80 countries, and 1,200 registered application developers.
- Te role is called (Senior) Software Engineer to reinforce our Mechanical CAD development team. More specifically, the role is part of the larger R&D team driving the sustainability of our sheet metal unfolding application, improving generation of 2D drawing views from 3D model, and extending our 2D/3D welds modelling toolset.
- As our ideal candidate, you have several years of professional experience using C++ (at least C++11) and good knowledge of design patterns and standard library. Your ability to design and develop complex software as well as a strong mathematical insight are critical to your success.
- From a senior-level Software Engineer, we expect software architecture as well as development and mentoring of more junior colleagues. We have an open software review culture, with more experienced developers frequently interfacing with peers across the company product lines.
- As the project team working on Mechanical CAD is an international team, communication is key. Partaking in the daily stand-ups, clear communication in our task tracker, and code reviews will be part of your daily routine.
- Hybrid – 2 days /week onsite.
- During the first year of your employment, you will collaborate in the team as a Senior Software Engineer. You will be working on challenging problems; in a good balance between new, innovative projects and continuously improving existing features. You contribute directly to the focus and growth strategy.
- After this onboarding period, as a Lead Software Engineer, you will lead a dynamic, international team (5 engineers) in the lap of the CAD Division Mechanical R&D organization (15 engineers in total).
Senior Software Engineer qualifications
- Bachelor, Master or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or other (applied) sciences (or you can prove you are at this level in some other way).
- 3+ years professional experience with C++ (at least C++11).
- A deep passion for code quality.
- Ability to operate with geometrical, mathematical concepts and algorithms.
- Ability to realistically plan your own work and work independently and reliably.
- Ability to coordinate your work with team members and to be open and honest in communication.
- Full professional proficiency in English. Dutch is advantageous but not essential.
Lead Software Engineer qualifications
- Some experience with managing software development teams.
- Ability to pass on your technical knowledge to a team of talented staff throughout the full software development lifecycle.
- Be hands-on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs.
- Ability to identify opportunities for optimization, improvement and simplification within existing solutions – and drive through solutions all the way to the production environment.
Knowledge of any of the following is a plus:
- Qt/Qml (UI development)
- C++11/14/17, CMake, boost, Git
- Object Oriented Design, Optimization, High Performance and Parallel computing
- Mechanical Computer Aided Design (MCAD), Engineering, 3D sketching skills, Computational Geometry.
- Agile methodology
- real flexible program
- 24 – vacation days
- your laptop after 3 years
- medical insurance
- life insurance
- meal tickets
- annual performance bonus
- goodies at the office
Ai întrebări? Vorbește cu un consultant